mercredi, avril 04, 2007

AND NOW, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THE ENGLISH TRANSLATION!!!

4 jobs I had in my life.

1- Art history lecture's assistant at Laval's University. I really enjoyed that 4 month's job, specially when I had to organize a sitting of academic sketching for the Wicual Arts students. The model I had choose, a charming young man, was shaped like an athlete! I will never forget the moment when, at the foccee brake, with some of the students, we were simply chatting about everything, wiht our model, totally naked!


2- Guide at the Museum of Civilisation of Québec. I was principally in charge of one of the permanents exhibitions where there was, for one artefacts, a boat from the XVIIIth century. They had discovered that boat during the archeological excavation on the ground before the construction of the Museum.


3- Photographer (hee, hee!). With one of my best friends, art historian: she was doing the old furniture's inventory of the Château Frontenac. That famous hôtel is a micro society, a fascinating universe, as well as for the peoples working for it than for it's architecture and it's decoration. We had the privilege to visit the attic at the 18th floor, the servant's rooms florr and the heating machines room, where there was , for one, a magnificant XVIIIth century chest of drawers with inlaid work and pink marble top. The Châteua's walls are full of sevrets. the last servant that was still living at the Château had revealed to us that... well that the Château's secrets are very well keept..


4- And now: antiquarian bookdealer! My bookshop, on St.Paul street in Québec city, offers also recent books, but quality ones, antique prints, and collector's post cards. All bloggers are welcome!


4 films I could see again.

1- Sleepless in Seattle,... my romantic side.

2- Rear window, my favorite Hitchcock of all... come on, Jimmy Stuart was playing the role of a photographer!

3- Polyester! An odorama film, with a card to scratch during the film to obtain the smelling corresponding to the scene! That film was so bad, it was almost genius! Can you imagine the odor in the theatre at the end of the projection? If you ever saw that film, I WANT TO KNOW IT! Please, put a comment!

4- Ok, I'm cheating: 3 great films that I love for their dreamlike, poetic and non conventional style: a french one, Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulin; an american one, Big Fish; and a québécois one La turbulence des fluïdes.

4 places I lived.

1- Chicoutimi, where I was born and lived the first nine years of my life.


2- Québec, the house of my parents, with a view on the St. Lawrence River!

3- Québec, my first apartment, a half basement flat, with a view on the upper story stairs, and the people walking on the sidewalk... ahhhh! but the smell of fresh lily-of-the-valley in a cool May morning...


4- Québec, the apartment where I live now, second floor, with a view on the churche on the other side of the street and it's majestic elm trees

My God! What a sedentary life!


4 TV shows.

1- Pépinot, a children TV show in my youth where a boy, a girl and a bear where fighting a vilain. Specially loved the vere intellectual text of the bear (sounds like neumeuleu, neumeuleu, neumeuleu...).

2- "Les Rois Maudits" (a french serie about the life of Kings of France in the 14th century) where I saw the actor Jean Piat for the first time. Twas a love at first sight!

3- "Welcome Back, Kotter!" where I saw John Travolta for the first time. Twas a love at first sight! OMG, he was looking so silly... but so charming!

4- "The Carol Burnett Show!" I wanted so much to understand the jokes, and my father got tired to always being asked to translation that it motivated me to learn english seriously! I will never forget the unforgettable performance dure the "Gone with the Wind" parody, there Miss Burnett was playing Scarlett O'Hara. The scene when she walked down the stairs wearing the rods still in the drapes: my most laughing moment looking at a TV show!

4 vacation places I went to.

1- Paris, in 1987, two unforgettable weeks! Ah! Paris, eating, shopping... and the "Parisiens"!

2- New York, in 1980, one unforgettable week! Ah! New York, eating, shopping.... and the Newyorkers!

3- Washington, in 1981, one unforgettable week! Ah! Washington, museums, museums, .... and museums! (Is there people in Washington?)

4- A day in Sherbrooke, in 1996, with Gene's father! Ah! Sherbrooke, an hôtel, a bed,... an unforgettable night!

4 dishes I prefer.

1- MY spaghetti-tomatoes-basil. It's a recipe I invented after watching a french movie "Le placard". I said to myself: "MG, that looks good! ...and easy to do. Well, let's try to do some." The result: my daughter loved it so much, seh regularly ask me for more. If you want to have the recipe, I will send it to you by e-mail, just ask!

2- CHEESE! Must have been a mouse in another life! All kind of cheese... except the Cheez Wiz... but that's no cheese, isn't it?

3- Chocolate fondue.... :O) Nothing is more exquisite, more sensual that to dip a fresh fruit piece (tangerine, my fav) into melted chocolate!

4- COFFEE! Is it a food? I thing it is because I couldn't live without it. I'm addicted...

4 places that make me dreaming, but never went to.

1- Scotland, walking on the cliffs.

2- Beijing (China), to browse in an outdoor market.

3- On the Moon, to see an earthrise.

4- And if I could have a time machine: Israël, at the time of Jesus Christ!

6 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

A real mouse like CHEEZ WIZ!..

Somptuous photos!...

Ginnie Hart a dit...

Ohhhhh, Clo. I'm so glad I just read this. Do you know that Donica and I were in NYC last week. We had a blast! I'm sure it's much different today from when you were there, however. Everyone says the city is more loving/lovable since 9/11.

Calvin a dit...

I like that house. :)

jkirlin a dit...

THAT WAS A MAY MORNING??????

Anonyme a dit...

Comment le savoir???

PaniAntosha a dit...

Yes I have seen Polyester. Love John Waters but find the edgier ones a guilty pleasure. I think Devine was Devine. Rented Polyester -no odors! I love Hairspray could watch it over and over. Love Waters embrace of Real people and places. He's very funny in interviews and on a standup comedy show on Showtime.