lundi, octobre 02, 2006

Salon du livre ancien de Montréal.
The Montréal Antiquarian Book Fair.

OK, I MADE A MISTAKE... I WAS JUST LATE FOR THE CONTEST... BUT I WONDER WHAT KIND OF WIND CHIME THOSE WOULD MAKE... :O)

Ce Salon avait lieu en fin de semaine et, bien sûr, j'y étais. Endroit rêvé pour faire une photo pour ma participation au concours JorjDotOrg Photohunt, dont le thème cette semaine était "something old". Et j'ai finalement opté pour une photo des plus vieux livres de mon propre kiosque. Je peux vous assurer que tous les volumes sur cette photo datent entre 1664 et 1866. La série du haut est de 1810, et les livres du bas sont, de gauche à droite, de 1839, 1767 (2 vol.), 1753, 1740, 1784 (2 vol.), 1664 et 1866. Voilà!

This Book Fair was last week-end and, of course, I was there. The ideal place to make some pic for my participation at the JorjDotOrg Photohunt contest. This week theme was "something old". And I finally decided to take pics of the oldest books of my own bookstand. I can assure you that all the books on that pic are dating between 1664 and 1866. The top collection was published in 1810, and the books at the bottom are, from left to right, from 1839, 1767 (2 vol.), 1753, 1740, 1784 (2 vol.), 1664 and 1866. That's it!

11 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

1664... Nous existions?..
Je suis curieuse de savoir ce que l'on racontait dans ce magnifique volume. Un petit extrait ppt.?
Bises.

Anonyme a dit...

I'm sorry your submission didn't make it in time. :( You could probably email Jorg about it (if you haven't already)?

Clo a dit...

ritadaphné: 1664, Québec depuis déjà 56 ans existait! Cependant, d'après ce que je sais sur ce livre, c'est-à-dire très peu, il a pu être importé plus tard. C'est un livre en latin sur les baptèmes et les confirmations... passionnant! :O)

ruth: Yes, that makes a strange chime, isn't it? Hahaha! Well, I take that as a sign... I think that for the moment, because I don't have so much time, and I have so much to do and I'm late on many, I will stop the contests.

The time I am on internet needs to be more scheduled (not sure that's the right term, anyway). And I have neglected my blogger's friends since this summer, and I want to return and visit those I really like. :O)

merlinprincesse a dit...

Ben mouâ, je pense que tu devrais continuer à participer au moins à ce concours là... :) Pis ton carillon à vent, je le trouve très beau. Mwhahahahah! :P

Anonyme a dit...

Bien sûr le "nous existions" était
une blague! Rendez-vous en 2008 pour le 400ième. Tu vas pas abandonner tous les concours dis?
Tes photos sont si uniques!
Olé...Bises.

Clo a dit...

mp: Mmmm... très drôle... Je hurle de douleur et me roule de désespoir par terre, et toi, tu fais des blagues... :O( Bon! Alors je rajoute un petit texte, au pire j'aurai le prix pour l'humour... ou le prix de la meilleure procrastinatrice... ou le record de la "toujours en retard"... :O)

ritadaphné: Ahhhhh! Le 400ième... on sent déjà la fièvre qui coure dans la ville! :O)
Et pour les concours, je crois vraiment que je vais faire une pause, je dois vraiment aller à l'essentiel en ce moment, mais ce n'est que partie remise... :O)

Jozee a dit...

I hope you did well at the show. We haven't spoken since just before then.

Bebe has asked me to ask you if you have any kind of inventory reference sheet. He has a friend that travels the world collecting old military books among others. Let me know...

Clo a dit...

The show was medium. And I had a great time, as usual! Seeing the people from Montréal is always a pleasure.

I don't have any inventory, and I wich to have time this winter to make a web site for my bookshop. But one thing I could do is e-mail you a list of some books I have that could be of some interest for him. I'll see... Thanks for telling me! :O)

Jozee a dit...

You're welcome Clo!

I'll try to get more specifics for you.

Ginnie Hart a dit...

You know me, "the older the better." So I adore books like this on the bottom shelf. I don't even care what they say :)

Clo a dit...

ginnie: I knew you would! :O)
Philosophy, religion, history, litterature... french and latin! :O)