samedi, avril 01, 2006

POISSON D'AVRIL!
APRIL'S FOOLS!

To all of you, thanks!
From the bottom of my heart!
It was a nice experience, and I do hope you are not too much disappointed!

It all began at the beginning of the week, while mp and me were talking on the phone. She just said that saturday was April first and I said that it should be a great idea to do something on blogger. I said to her that I was going to do something for sure because blogger is the ideal place to do an hoax.

Then we had kind of a brain storming about what we could do and the idea was taking a form. I don't remember who got the idea of doing a fake blog, the name of Bret and Brad, and Conroy... was it me? Anyway, we LOL a lot.

That evening, my sis phone me and told me to just go on blogger, and to connect to the blog she had just created: Our nice life in Texas! And I saw the first post, with the profile pic of those two cute strangers, the Cowboys! Come on, I never dream of going living in Texas! And I never had a thing for cowboys! That was just so funny. I specially appreciate the "You have cars! We have oil!" that she wrote!

That day, in the afternoon, I looked in some National Geographic magazines to find some interresting pics. I shot just four pics and then my batteries went down. The other pics I did were on wednesday. NG magazines are really full of great pics... I just hope they don't bother that I borrowed them some pics...

A SPECIAL "MERCI" TO NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC SOCIETY!!!!!!!!

So I just put some pics on the blog, and my sis did some text, and me too, and we had much fun putting the comments. Many things don't match if you look carefully but we didn't took so much attention anyway.

So now guys, you know exactly what to say to us to let us fall in your arms! Wear a cowboy hat and talk about some cow! Yeeee ha!

I know that some of you didn't believe at all in that story, and maybe some of you were just not so sure it was a fake, so didn't take a chance, but in all cases, all the things you said to us was very nice. Somebody, even sent us a virtual bouquet of flowers.... We were very touch!

It was really a great time, and I was LOLing a lot today because of that story. It was good because I had not a very good time recently, yes, because of men... At the beginning of the month, I just broke with a guy I had a relation with, he was kinda married, nothing much to say about it. And now I have to take another decision of broking, this one is more difficult, and I'm not sure of what I have to do. Ginnie said that when Mercury is retrograding, it's time to do some cleaning... I guess that was it!

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF YA!!!

14 commentaires:

Captain Eudoxia a dit...

Very good April 1 joke.
Isnt the French April 1 something to do with fish?

Clo a dit...

Thanks!

Yes, it does. In the beginning of the XXth century. You can see that on old post cards. People were sending pics or sketch of fish to express their love. Twas looking like this .

merlinprincesse a dit...

Merci à toi tite soeur... C'était le fun! Pis fais toi zen po pour le gros... Ça vo s'arranger... Je pense que je vais continuer un tipeu à bloguer avec Bret and Brad... LOL!

Ginnie Hart a dit...

I think you and MP take the prize for your April Fool's "joke." It took lots of thought, creativity, planning AND execution. Well done :)

Clo a dit...

mp: Ouais, on a eu ben du fun, pis ça fait du bien. Bret et Brad... ouais, méchants fantasmes...

ginnie: We are pretty proud of ourselves! And it was really fun to do! And the funny thing is that my sis and me are not the kind of person to do jokes like this... Probably why it was well done.

Clo a dit...

mr. fab: Yes, Brad, you missed that one, and the champagne, and we missed you! You were the official Best Man!

Now about the name, the more I will deny it the more you'll think it was because of you, so...

heather a dit...

Ahhh, I now get it!
very good April Fools!

Francois et fier de l'Être a dit...

C'était pas mal trouvé.
D'autant que sans le français, je marchais à fond.
Bises.

Clo a dit...

heather: Phew! I really was afraid you were going to call me the Cowboy's wife for the rest of my life! :O)

françois: ouais, désolée pour le manque de traduction, mais je n'ai pas eu la force. Par contre, mon "tag" sera bel et bien bilingue, j'y travaille!

Paul G. a dit...

Sorry I couldn't join the fun.
I figured it out when the invite went out and I looked at the age of the posts (2005) on the blog but that the owner of the blog had only been online since March 2006

Clo a dit...

paul g.: Well, you impress me, Sherlock!

Paul G. a dit...

Well you did a pretty fair job.
I lived in Texas from age 9 to age 16 (at which time I moved 15 miles south of Sault Ste. Marie).
You did a pretty go job, but honestly these two 'Texas' boys didn't stike me as the marrying kind - they struck me as kind of "hommes d'amour d'hommes" and not real cowboys, even of the Texas variety.

It was am outstanding effort though.

Clo a dit...

Are you saying that our two cowboys looks gay?
Mwahahahahaha!

Paul G. a dit...

Yep, from a Texas pespective that's the way they seemed.