lundi, janvier 16, 2006

Bonne fête en retard, Julie! Happy Belated Birthday!



Et merci pour ta participation à la bataille de coussins!
And thanks for participating to the pillow war!

2 commentaires:

Ginnie Hart a dit...

So, Clo, if I followed the geneology dance from the last post, this is your niece, right? Or is my eyesight and brain "lower" than I thought! This is your daughter Gene's cousin?

Happy belated birthday to her regardless of who she is, right :)

Clo a dit...

ginnie: Bravo! "Félicitations", you are very good! Here we say "little" cousin because the real cousin of my daughter is the father of Julie.

If we were chinese, it would be more complicated: they have different names for each relation in the family. For example, when they say "my cousin", you will know if its on the side of the father or the mother, also if the parent of that cousin is a brother or a sister, and of course if its a boy or a girl. All in one word!

China is a fascinating world. I use to learn chinese before Gene was born. I can't read much now because the chinese caracters are so difficult to remember. But I still can understand a very little bit. The Chinese New Year is on January 29 this year, and it will be the Year of the Fire Dog!