dimanche, janvier 29, 2006

LA SOUFFLEUSE!
The snowblower!



POUR VOUS MESSIEURS!
Bon, d'accord, j'avoue, j'aime bien regarder la souffleuse passer...


FOR YOU GUYS!
Well, ok, I admit, I like looking at the snowblower in the street...

7 commentaires:

The Unknown a dit...

Wee Hee! I want to go running under the snow stream.
love

Ginnie Hart a dit...

You mean they blow the snow into trucks and then carry it away somewhere??? In Michigan they always blew it up on the curb. The piles were so high that vehicles had to have yellow flags on their anttenae so you'd know cars were there on the other side. Hmmm. Oh yes, and we were able to dig tunnels through the piles as kids and have lots of fun :)

Mei Shile a dit...

Ginnie, you were not afraid of being eaten by the next snowblower?

Clo a dit...

Unknown: Wee Heeeeeee! Ouch!... I don't think it was a good idea... .O)

ginnie: They still put snow on curb on districts outside of Quebec, but in the city, there's no place so they take the snow away.
And mei shile is wright! When I was a kid, we had much fun digging tunnels in the snow, until we heard the sad story of one kid inside a tunnel that the man on the snowblower didn't get the chance to see. That year, all the kids on my street stopped playing in the front area of houses...
That same year, 1971 if my memory is good, was a very snowy year! And there was a parking on the backside on the house my parents had in those years, so there was a mountain about 20 feet high. I have a pic of that!

Ginnie Hart a dit...

No, we never had any stories of someone getting eaten by the snowblower. Actually, we didn't have snow blowers--just snow trucks with their plows in front, pushing the snow up on the curbs. The more snow the merrier!

Clo a dit...

We also have trucks with the plows in front, here called "la gratte". During day time, when it's snowing, those just put the snow on the side: big ones for the street, little ones for the sidewalk. Then after midnight they put the snow in the middle of the street and then the snowblower put it in trucks. Sometimes, there is so many snow they have to finish the day after, that's how I took this pic!

Ginnie Hart a dit...

Wow, Clo. I just got my education! Thanks :)