vendredi, janvier 13, 2006

Old Orchard






J'ai toujours adoré ces deux vieilles diapos prises par mon père. C'était, je crois, en 1959.

I always loved those two old slides. My father tooks them in 1959, I believe.

7 commentaires:

Ginnie Hart a dit...

That's something that you have slides that your dad took. I don't think my dad ever took one picture in his life! But he at least had 2 or 3 of his eight children who have more than made up for him :) I like these that your dad took. Tells you what was important/artistic to him!

Clo a dit...

Especially the one at the bottom. I love the way he took the tracks in the sand with the red trash can.

There is in fact many peoples in my family who does photography. My father of course, but also one of his sisters. On the side of my mother, we have an uncle who, mostly in the thirties I believe, did many pictures and even films! He was a priest in a seminary and was teaching sciences, so he was interrested in all the new inventions. The family have great pics made by him. I will do something about him because his story is quite interresting. Also the oldest sister of my mother, Juliette, who died before I was born, and also a cousin, Lucie, who gave to my mother an album made with the best shots of my uncle Léonidas, the one from the seminary, and... I'm sure I forgot somebody. We have a very big family...

Anonyme a dit...

Très belle photo, elle me rappelle de bien beaux souvenirs. Théo

Jozee a dit...

This looks like southern Maine. C'est possible?

Clo a dit...

Oui! It's Old Orchard my dear! A very popular place for the people of Quebec in those days. My parents made a trip there when my mother was pregnant of me. If I've decided to come earlier, I would have been American instead of Canadian...

Jozee a dit...

Ah, It looks also like Moody Beach just a little further south and also very popular with the Canadiens ! Ogunquit my fave!

Lovely photo.

Lucky to be Quebecoise I think.

Clo a dit...

Yeah, I heard of Ogunquit but never went there. Last time I was in the US was... I think it was with the University in 1983... waw, it's been a long time... and it was in Washington, great place for the Museum... :O)